Sunday, June 28, 2009

Current Projects 2

In general, I have lots of little side projects going on at once. This is so I can generally work on what I feel like. Doesn't always work out, sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything, but that can't really be helped.

For Warhammer Fantasy I have lots of little things going on, and moving onto a big thing. In general, my Temple Guard Saurus, Engine of the Gods and Kroxigors are all work in progress. I personally love painting Kroxigors, because they're really nice miniatures and I can put a lot of work into making a good looking piece.

I also have a Kroq-Gar on foot conversion in progress. This is for the Pyramid Vault Character conversion competition. It doesn't look like much at the moment, but it's actually nearly there. I just need to convert the spear holding arm into something more maneable for a foot slogger and then I can just glue in the head and right arm.

As you can see, it's a fairly simple conversion. I chopped Kroq-Gar in half pretty much, and plonked the torso onto one of the new Temple Guard bodies (Cut that in half). So now I can have Kroq-Gar on foot, as well as a regular Saurus Oldblood for the Carnosaur. (Of course... I actually have to assemble my Carnosaur for that to have any merit).

The next big thing I'm working on for Warhammer Fantasy, is a Dogs of War army. I generally love converting. It's interesting to make figures different, and is generally very rewarding. I have just slowly collected some of the Dogs of War figures, never really sure whether or not I'll make an army out of them. I have some Rugluds Armoured Orcs blisters, some Halflings, a Hot pot, Lorenzo Lupo, Hengis the Druid, Marco Columbo. So I figure maybe it's time I actually sat down and created an army out of these guys. I'll probably paint them for the Warseer Tale of Fantasy Painters 2009-2010, so for now I'll work on converting them. Converting and painting at the same time I think is part of what made me fail in the current Tale. It's a lot of effort when you have big ideas, and you're torn between making them come to life or just sitting down and painting.

I think I'll keep my army in the same colour scheme as my Mercenary Pikeman. This guy was created a fair while back now for the http://www.dogsofwaronline.com/ Golden Pike 1 competition. I love how this guy turned out, because I really think he embodies how a mercenary pikemen would look like. He's got a dagger in his hat, carries along some of his belongings, he just has a kind've rough appearance too him.
As of more recent for my Dogs of War, now that I've decided to actually collect them, I've been doing a few more things. I've started work on a Mercenary Captain on foot. I hope he turns out well, at the moment he isn't too much of a looker, but hopefully when I get too sculpting a cape on him and fancying him up a bit he'll start to look the part. I've also been working on a Small Cannon. I was able to get some bits fairly cheap, and while I couldn't get Cannon chasis', I had to make do with Helblaster Chasis' and cutting it up a bit. The great thing is, even adding the cost of two cannons together, isn't as much as a regular cannon from Games Workshop. So bits are win win, as I only get the stuff I need. Since the time of the image, I've lengthened the chasis a bit as I wasn't happy with the look (The barrel lookeed too big for the chasis, so either had to extend the chasis or cut down the barrel).




So yeah, that's a humble beginning to my career as a Mercenary. Should be more to come as I work on my cannon, Mercenary Captain and others in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment