Monday, June 29, 2009

Current Projects 3

So my latest project, and most important one at the moment is my Khemri Bloodbowl team. I've decided to run Khemri at both Eucbowl (Probably the largest Australian Bloodbowl tournament, although there are a few other contenders) in July, as well as the latest season of the CCKUP (an Adelaide Bloodbowl league) which coincdentally, also starts in July.
So basically, I need to get these guys done to a playing state. I was busy previously putting together some Lizardmen models for the Warhammer Fantasy tournament I went to in June, but now my main priority is getting my dead ready for some Bloodbowling.

So my original thoughts are, I was going to convert all the Skeleton types from the Tomb Kings Skeleton box. I managed to get some cheap bits for Charioteers as well, which were going to be my Blitz-Ra's. But I kind've copped out, since the Tomb Guard command models are nice enough. So the charioteer's will be turned into Thro-Ra's instead. The Mummies are a mix of Reaper models and the Warhammer Fantasy models. The Reaper models were simple weapon snips. Unforunately the Fantasy models are a bit more difficult as one arm has a shield attached, and for the other the great weapon was too intertwined with the arm to be useable.
Mummies. Reaper models on the sides, Fantasy models in the centre.
Blitz-Ra's. I actually had the standard bearer's arm snap when I was cutting the standard pole away, so had to pin it back in which was tough.

Regular Skeletons. I like the one in the middle. Looks like a little insane undead egyptian.
I actually just spent last weekend doing a lot of work for once. Usually I do little dribs and drabs, and then get a lot of work done in one shot, so just must've been one of those times. I managed to cut away the sword from the Mummy, and have begun work on the green stuffing of new arms for the Mummies. I also started on 3 more regular Skeletons. That should give me almost enough Skeletons in total, so will leave me with just Thro-Ra's to get done.
Slugged along a bit more with my Dogs of War as well. Filled in the gaps on my cannon. so that should almost be ready for everything to be glued together now. I continued work on my Captain on foot, who uses the Pike of Remas in addition to another item that is part of the Dogs of War Army project at http://www.dogsofwaronline.com. I'll try and get some pictures of him up soon. The last part was working on some of the Knight helmets from the Empire Knights box. Trying to get them too look more like the Voland Venator helmets (I mean, why pay $95AUD for 5 when I can get 8 Empire Knights for $50AUD which look almost the same?).

No comments:

Post a Comment