Saturday, June 27, 2009

The stuff I collect - Warhammer Fantasy

So with my introduction post just out of the way. I figured I'd lay down what I actually collect in the various wargame systems. Sounds like a good idea too me.

Warhammer Fantasy
Lizardmen - Started off the hobby with Lizardmen, and still collect them to this very day. Once upon a time, my entire army was painted. Maybe because I didn't have too much cash and back in the days of 56k internet meant I spent more time on it, who knows. Nowdays I've got a lot of stuff tucked away under the bed, but can still field a plausible 2500-3000 point army.

Ogre Kingdoms - I picked these up back in 2005 as I wanted something to do, but didn't feel like getting the remaining expensive metal models for my Lizardmen army (At that point, I was really only missing Temple Guard, Kroq-Gar and Lord Kroak from my army). It's just the batallion with converted characters. It's kind've interesting to look at them, as they have some of my first conversions in those two characters (Two-headed Bruiser and a Butcher). Don't know if I'll come back to these guys, maybe when a new book comes out for them.

Empire - I had a really nifty idea. Witch Hunter army. Lots of rabble, lots of flagellants, crossbows, warrior priests, little to no warmachines. It was coming together alright, but as soon as it came too the militia and crossbowmen my interest started waning. I think it's because the models are too 'busy'. Lot's of little details that need to be picked out. I don't mind that on a few models like characters, but I guess it was too much for me. I'd like to come back and finish them off someday, or at least bump them up to 1000 points.

Dogs of War - My latest entry. I like converting, especially when my conversions turn out well ;). I'm hoping the diversity in the models will keep me enjoying the army. So far I've got the bits to make a few cannons, a few characters, knights, rugluds armoured orcs and some pikemen. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment