Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Heralds of Osiris take to the Pitch

So just got back from the first game using my Khemri models tonight. This marks the beginning of the 3rd season of the CCKUP (I've only played in 2 of them, the current and last one).
I'm off to a fairly good start quite honestly, I had some really nice armour rolls during the game and managed to win the game 2-0.

I was basically up against a Chaos Dwarf team called the Hands of Hashut. At the beginning of the game, things weren't looking so great. Lost the fame, in which the Hands got +2 fame. Weather was pouring rain, which meant the already hard task of picking up the ball for Khemri got even worse. Then the opponent got an extra re-roll and the ball landed right on one of his Bull Centaurs!
Luckily for me, my Mummies managed to cause the opponent a lot of grief. I funnelled him off to the left side, and basically boxed the opponent in until I could get a mummy free to run in and blitz the poor Centaur. Things were looking pretty stalematish until 2 consequentive blocks from my mummies saw 2 Chaos Dwarfs leave the pitch to sleep in the injury box.

I eventually got the ball free, and a lucky turn of events saw my Skeleton pick up the ball (Usually a 4+, but a 5+ roll in the rain) and run down towards the end zone for a turn 8 touchdown.

In the 2nd half, the weather cleared up. I basically grinded my way up the field for a turn 6 touchdown on my behalf. The Hands of Hashut only had about 7 players left on the field, which was easy enough for my guys to hold them up and stop any touchdown possibilities. Unfortunately a Mummy managed to get smacked down by a Bull Centaur and will be missing the next game.

No skill ups for the game, but got a nice amount of gold in the sum of 60k. So all in all, a good start to my Khemri team and a good start to the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment