Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dogs of War Arrive

So yesterday when I got home, had a big package sitting on my chair in my room. Yup, I knew exactly what that meant.
The Dogs of War had arrived. So far I had just been messing with left over Empire stuff or bits and bobs of models I had bought every now and then. But now, I have bolstered my forces with some new pieces.
Within the package held my Marksmen of Miragliano, Lumpin Croops Fighting Cocks (I do have 10 Haflings, but they didn't come with the command :( - Guess that means regular Haflings are go for them), Malakai Makaisson's Goblin Hewer, Box of Dwarf Warriors, High Elf Dragon box and then a few Blood Angels characters (Mephiston, Corbulo and Tycho).

So with those added to my Dogs of War forces, here is the current intention on what I intend to make.

Characters
Paymaster of course. I also have plans for a mounted Paymaster.
Mercenary Captain on Foot (Whether or not I actually use him is a different story).
Hireling Wizard Lord (I have the Mordheim Elf Mage. I also intend to do a conversion at some time to make a mounted model).
Hireling Wizards (Have a few Reaper models to use).
Asarnil the Dragon Lord (Obviously due to the box).
Malakai Makaisson

Core
Marksmen of Miragliano
Volands Venators
Duelists x? (At least 2, but we'll see how it goes).
Light Cavalry (I have a box of Pistoliers left over from my Empire project which stalled).
Heavy Cavalry (Don't know if I'll do these, but I have the models to make them).

Special
Dwarves
Ogres of some sort (Might convert man-eaters, might not).
Lumpin Croops Fighting Cocks
Halflings

Rare
Mercenary Cannon
Hafling Hotpot
Asarnil the Dragonlord
Malakai Makaisson's Goblin Hewer

So at this stage, that's all I have the models for. Once I get through my first 2000 or so points, I'll be thinking about what other Regiments of Renown and mercenary units to add to them. The Regiments punch holes in my wallet unfortunately, so I had to make a few decisions on the one's I wanted up front.
So with August right around the corner, and Eucbowl behind me (Although, still need to finish up those Khemri) I've started work on getting my Dogs of War ready. Last night I started cleaning and assembling the Marksmen of Miragliano, which will probably be my first unit to be completed (Volands Venators have been pushed back so I have some time to sculpt the head for Voland and decide what to do with the shields).

No comments:

Post a Comment