Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Poor Poor Wallet

So, in preparation for the Tale of Fantasy Painters at Warseer(And somewhat, Tale of 40k Painters as well) I have made purchases for my armies.
For the Dogs of War, I have purchased
Marksmen of Miragliano
Lumpin Croops Fighting Cocks
Malakai Makaisson's Goblin Hewer
High Elf on Dragon
Empire Shield Sprue's
Dwarf Warriors
With those being bought, I should have enough to get my army up to 2000 points (Even if it does run over in the characters department). Still, just took a huge chunk out of my order in total cost me about $450AUD! Ouch! I didn't even get Rugluds Armoured Orcs to go with the blisters I have for them. They'll have to wait until I get all of this done, as I don't really intend to use them even if they are pretty funny.

Also, since I signed up Blood Angels for Tale of 40k Painters, I got some Blood Angels characters. Never really got them the first time around with Blood Angels, so got pretty much the lot. Mephiston, Corbulo and Tycho. I've got Dante sitting in a box at home, and decided to skip on Lemartes. I also purchased some Eagle Warrior shoulderpads to convert for my Veterans (Something similar to Tycho's shoulderpad) as well as a blister of 2 Assault Cannons. I have a plastic predator tank at home, and I just can't see why the Baal Predator costs like $25AUD more. This generally wouldn't save me much (only like $10) but since I already have the plastic predator, ends up saving me a whole lot.

But yeah, wallet just took a bullet. Gotta restrain my purchases now that I've got what I need pretty much. No more splurging...

In modelling land. Not much progress since last time as I was at a LAN last weekend. I've fallen behind schedule on my Khemri bloodbowl team now, as I didn't get to undercoat them before I left. I have assembled one of my Venators though, I think he looks pretty good. Probably going to work on them after finishing the Khemri so I can get them done and out of the way (As after that, it's pretty much just Asarnil and the Dwarves that require any meaningful assembly).

No comments:

Post a Comment