Sunday, July 19, 2009

This Weeks Update : A Voland Venator

This week has been fairly busy really. I've got to get my Khemri team all painted for Eucbowl as mentioned previously. I'm not doing too bad I feel, but the simple part is over, the difficult part to come. I'll comment more on that in the Khemri post

For this post, it's all about the Dogs of War. Since last time, I've finished my Captain with Pike. I've also sculpted a little key onto my Paymaster. But more importantly, my order from Games Workshop (small order for bits) has come in. I bought 3 packets of the Empire Shields, not realising you get 8 shields per packet! I thought there was only 4, so figured I'd get 3 packets to round it out to 12 (5 Venators, 5 Heavy Cav, 2 for mounted guys). Now I've got a whopping 24 shields! But what can you do

For the shield, I have tried sculpting something similar to the artwork in the old 5th edition Dogs of War book using one of the shield icongraphy provided. Not sure if I like it or not yet, I think I'll paint it up before making my decision. At the very least, I want a fancier looking shield for Voland himself. Whether this means the regular Venators get just V's, and I have a 2nd shot at the shield or not remains to be seen.






Also, here is a good look at my first Venator. I've decked him out a little bit. He's got a bandage around one leg to show how the Venator's always get into unruly undisciplined fights. He's also bringing along some alcohol, the Venators are always getting drunk and such.




And that's it for the Dogs of War update. The plan is to get a whole unit of Venators assembled before August so I can paint them up for my first 200 points of the Tale of Fantasy Painters. I'll also be painting my Paymaster next month so I can enter him in the Golden Pike 2 painting contest at Dogs of War Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment