Thursday, August 20, 2009

Champions Online First Impressions

So, I played Champions Online last now. Off to a rough start with the game, that involved me having to redownload the 2gig client (So... didn't get to play it on Tuesday :(). This has of course, unfortunately sidetracked my painting... so I'm going to have to get a wriggle on with that.

Anyway, my oppinions on the game. The character creator is very in depth. I would be quite amazed if I saw anyone exactly identical in the game. You can customise pretty much everything. At some point, definately going to make some form of Dwarf :D. I think the only annoying thing I've found is I couldn't find an option to not have some form of mask on. Mabe it's a Champions thing, where everyone has to be masked (Which I suppose, almost every super hero is).

Also, powers are pretty diverse. Basically they're a whole bunch of skills. You can't suddenly merge powers (like fire and a sword to create a flaming sword, that would be cool but unfortunately you can't do that), but you can say, choose some powers in Telepathy but also choose some from say, Twin Swords. For my first guy, I've chosen to use Fighting Claws as my main set of powers. Fighting Claws aint bad, but somewhat irritating when everyone is running around and I can't hit them in PvP (Other than my running kick).

Basically I'm fairly happy with the game. I haven't played a Super Hero MMO before, so it's all fairly new to me. I have noticed that my laptop probably isn't powerful enough to play the game though, so first thing I did today was talk to a mate of mine about building a new desktop for me. Gonna have to finally get all the crap off my current desktop and get rid of that, gonna need me some space!

So yeah, pretty happy with the game in the 4 hours I've spend on it. I'll probably post more thoughts after I've played around a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment