Thursday, August 13, 2009

Heralds on the Warpath

So, in another Bloodbowl update. This week my Khemri team the Heralds of Osiris faced off against the Greenskin Slackers! I had 160k in inducements to spend as the Slackers had too many players (He has gone a bit overboard with his purchases). Since I knew I could not win the war of attrition, I decided I needed my guys to get some help sticking around. I invested in an Igor and a Bloodweiser babe. This would mean, I had a better chance of reocvering from knock outs and in the case I fail a regeneration (Which in all likelihood, I would've) I am allowed to re-roll one during the game.

As the game commenced, my fans screamed in through the stadium, I managed to win the fame having 15k fans to the Slackers 11k. In this weeks event, there was a bright wizard in the stands, and the weather was to be very sunny due to his magical fireball in the sky. I wasn't fussed about that, Khemri aren't exactly known for their passing skills.

I won the kick off result, and decided to receive. I'm a bit 50-50, but when I'm up against a tough team, I think it's better to receive and hopefully knock them around a bit early on. Against a faster team, I would probably let them receive as they likely don't have the strength to deal with my mummies. This will force them to score early, and give me plenty of time for my drive (And then I get to drive in the 2nd half). The half opened nicely, with the crowd tossing a rock at a Black Orc who fell face first into the dirt.
Things went fairly smoothly. In the 2nd turn, the Slackers Troll attemped to punch a Mummy but got a both down result, sending the Troll to the Knock Out box for the rest of the game! I made my way up the field, and at the end of turn 5 I believe scored my touchdown. The slackers didn't manage to score, so it went into the 2nd half.

At the start of the 2nd half, the fans of the Slackers were obviously frustrated that they were losing even though they clearly had the numbers advantage. They tossed a rock at one of my Mummies, stunning him in the process. Ouch! That would mean he'd be out for like 2 turns. My plan in the 2nd half was to keep the pressure on and force a score so I could get a 2-1 touchdown. The ball started on the right side of the field, and the slackers thrower passed it to the goblin who decided to go left.
He managed to get half way into my half of the field, before I smacked his ball carrier into the ground. There was a bit of a scrum, but the ball came loose and in decent position. My Thro-Ra picked it up and raced up the field while a few players stayed back to keep the orcs in check. While moving up the field, my Blitz-Ra managed to smash a goblin into the ground, killing the poor bugger. Moments later, a Mummy smashes an Orc who goes out for the rest of the match.
I managed to get up the field, almost losing my 2nd touchdown (My Mummy skulled out, luckily I re-rolled it and it came up decent. I promptly made the touchdown not willing to risk losing the spp).
So with that, the game ended. I got some more money which is just sitting there (Maybe I should buy another skellie, they're dirt cheap), fan factor stayed the same. Unfortunately I now have lots of guys nearing a skill up, but aren't quite there. Here's hoping for a nice soft team for me to bash next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment