Thursday, August 27, 2009

Heralds Winning Streak Over!

So yeah, the winning streak of the Heralds of Osiris finally ended on Tuesday evening. After 5 wins in the league, I could only manage a tie against the Orc foe.

This game was going to be tough on me. Khemri and slow, and have basically no passing game. Orcs are also slow, and like to play the grinding game. Generally when I play, I want my opponent to score quickly or prevent them from scoring at all. That way I can grind for 5-6 turns if they score quickly, or can take my time in the 2nd half to score and win 1-0.

Unfortunately, it was 1-0 down at the start of the 2nd half. I was having great luck, smashing the Orcs off their feet. Sacked the ball carrier, and went to grab the ball... and couldn't pick it up. Could've been a 2-0 win. However, his luck finally showed up, and he managed to get the ball well into my half with 1 turn left. I sacked his ball carrier, and it unfortunately scattered onto a Skeleton. A 1 dice blitz, dodge, pickup in the rain and 2 go for it's later and he had scored.

2nd Half was basically me grinding my way down the pitch knocking his guys off their feet again. Scored on the 6th turn, and managed to hold him off for the remaining 3 turns.

Very tough game. I'm happy with the result (Except the 10k winnings, terrible) but I know it could've been better. So my winning streak has been foiled, I've now had 2 touchdowns scored against me, and my position at the top of the table comprimised! Hopefully I get back on my feet next week and manage a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment