Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tale of Fantasy Painters 08-09 : Empire

So, the previous years Tale has ended. I didn't get too far in it. I had a great idea I reckon, a Witch Hunter army. I'd have Militia rabble being led by Witch Hunters and a Flagellant as a musician. I'd have witches being burnt as my standard bearer's. There wouldn't be much blackpowder apart from pistols, rabble don't have access to that stuff. Mounted Warrior Priests Knights, Flagellants, Rabble, small portion of state troops. Warrior Priests as characters, could either be led by a Arch Lector or Inquisitor Lord (General of the Empire).

Unfortunately it didn't come to be. I got through the easy stuff, and failed when I had to paint lots of small figures (Militia are damn cheap!). It also didn't help that I was moving house during that time. But yeah, to be honest, I went through the expensive parts and failed on the cheap parts. I found it hard at the time, as Militia had a lot of small details I wasn't used to (Lizards are pretty much just skin and scale. State troops were simple in their clothing), and it was a lot of effort at the time it just felt like a lot of effort to paint 20 models for 100 points.

Anyway, here is where I got up to. Nowhere near as much as I'd liked, but I gave it a shot. At some point, I'd like to come back to them, but for now gotta focus on the current stuff. Maybe in the next Tale I'll sign up for 1000 points of Empire, but that's a long way into the future.

Empire Army

You can click the image to see a larger version.

No comments:

Post a Comment