Monday, August 17, 2009

Post-Weekend Update

So, here I am, Monday at 3pm. Bored at work, so what better to do than make a blog post.
Unfortunately for the Marksmen, the mind got a little side-tracked over the weekend. That's not to say, I didn't make progress on them. I did make progress, I just didn't finish them off. I think they're about 2/3rds of the way done. I've got the legs, shoes, and then crossbow to do on them. But hey, falling behind schedule was the reason why I gave myself a week spare. I hope to finish them off tonight for reasons mentioned later.

So how did I get distracted? Well, for starters I painted up one of my Bloodbowl models I've had sitting around for a couple of months now. This is a fabulous Bloodweiser babe called Lucy. She was sold with an esky and alternative hand/eski contents to Australians earlier this year, and will be heading to Impact Miniatures stores soon. She can be made up as a Bloodweiser Babe (selling beer) or as a bribe counter (With loot sack, and gold contents for the Eski/Chest). I made this one up as standard, as I wasn't sure about cutting into her arm for this model. I've got a 2nd one sitting around as well which will be turned into bribe counters. I'll be sure to get images of her posted sometime soon, as I think she turned out looking very nice.

I also spent a fair amount of time working on Asarnil. I spent some time chopping the rocks and stuff off of the Dragons legs. Going to have to do a little reposition and fixing to get them looking nice. For Asarnil himself, I sculpted a shoulderpad for his right arm. I think that turned out alright, it's not as nifty as what his shoulderpad actuallyl ooks like, but it had to fit with the torso. All in all, I think Asarnil is actually nearly ready now. I have to decide whether I want to do any more on him.

Next, I put some effort into my Khemri team. I fully painted up one of my Mummies from base coat to pretty much done. I say pretty much, because he's not quite done... but in a ready state for playing. I also got another Blitz-Ra to the same level. That leaves me with a Thro-Ra and 3 Mummies to have done in a little under 2 weeks (A long with Kroq-Gar, the Paymaster and the Marksmen).

The last thing I did a bit of work on was my Paymaster. I was looking through the Marco Columbo White Dwarf and saw they did his coat in a nifty way. Basically they used red gore, and added white to it. It turns out pink as you highlight upwards, but after, they gave it a red ink wash to turn it into a nice red. I tried to do the same on my Paymaster, and felt that it turned out decently.

So yeah, while I may not have got my Marksmen finished as scheduled, I'm still pretty much on track for most things. Kroq-Gar I'm just not very motivated to paint, because my colour scheme for lizards works... but to get it to better quality takes a lot of work. Just really need to sit down and put some effort into him though, because I'm running the competition at the Pyramid Vault, it'd be poor if I didn't at least man up and get in my own entry.

Lastly, to make a busy month even busier. Champions Online beta starts tomorrow (Well, it starts on US Monday, which pretty much means Tuesday to me). It looks fairly cool. I haven't played any of the previous super-hero MMO's (They were at a time, when I didn't really have money to afford such things) so it should be an interesting experience. Just gonna be tough to choose what kind of super-powers I want! A lot of them sound very cool. Usually in MMO's I like to be a hybrid fighter/support/healer type class. I love Shamans and Paladins in Warcraft for instance (Not necessarily related just to WoW, but like Warcraft 3 as well). So hopefully the game does not punish those that like to hybrid. We shall see, more comments on that at a later point.

No comments:

Post a Comment